Chi-Young is an award-winning literary translator and editor based in Los Angeles. A recipient of the Man Asian Literary Prize (2011), she has translated works by Sun-mi Hwang, Young-ha Kim, Kyung Ran Jo, J.M. Lee, and Kyung-sook Shin, among others. Forthcoming in June 2018 is her translation of The Good Son by You-jeong Jeong.
• Man Asian Literary Prize (2011)
• 34 Modern Korean Literature Translation Award (2003)
• Numerous translation grants from Daesan Foundation and the Korea Literature Translation Institute
• The Good Son by You-jeong Jeong (forthcoming in 2018)
• The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down by Haemin Sunim (2017)
• The Boy Who Escaped Paradise by J.M. Lee (2016)
• The Dog Who Dared to Dream by Sun-mi Hwang (2016)
• The Investigation by J.M. Lee (2014)
• The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly by Sun-mi Hwang (2013)
• Please Look After Mom by Kyung-sook Shin (2011)
• Your Republic Is Calling You by Young-ha Kim (2010)
• Tongue by Kyung Ran Jo (2009)
• I Have the Right to Destroy Myself by Young-ha Kim (2007)
• Toy City by Lee Dong-ha (2007)
For translation and editorial inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.